24 July 2018
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND
What’s ProteinTECH 2018?
Climate change, carbon emissions and animal welfare have all become highly conscious issues for the current generations, affecting every industry across the globe – including food. In recent years, a new “clean-food” industry has developed to combat these issues, and is growing exponentially into a lucrative business opportunity for farmers and developers alike. New items on the menu include meat made from plant-protein, chicken and beef grown from self-producing cells, and chicken made from pea protein.
ProteinTECH 2018 will cover what this means for the New Zealand primary industries and what opportunities we have to get on board with these new technologies. New Zealand already has a high export value market, and now there is the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and development in this sector. This one-day conference is aimed at people in the food production and farming industries, as well as those who have an interest or expertise in emerging food technologies.
Who Will Attend?
The New Zealand agribusiness and food production industries, including:
- Agribusiness consultants
- Food science researchers
- Industry analysts
- Food technology managers
- Food science consultants
- Food industry pioneers
- Agribusiness technology suppliers
- Key suppliers to agribusiness and food science operations
We have worked closely with a wide range of New Zealand, Australian and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact John Stulen on email@example.com or (+64) 7 921 1382.
Pre-Conference Icebreaker – 23 July 2018
- Pre-conference registration opens 6:00pm
- Drinks, canapes and networking
Conference Day– 24 July 2018, Auckland, New Zealand
- Session 1: Alternative Protein – the future for food and farm
- Session 2: New Zealand and the Global protein market
- Session 3: Threat or Opportunity?
- Session 4: What’s next?
To view the programme – click the tab above.
Print version of the programme:
Pre-Conference Icebreaker | 23 July 2018
|6:00pm||Pre-conference registration and networking|
Conference | 24 July 2018
|8:00am||Welcome and Introductions
MC: Bill Murphy, Enterprise Angels
|Session 1: Alternative Protein – the future for food and farm
|8:05am||Keynote Address: Title to be confirmed
Melissa Clark Reynolds
|8:50am||Silicon Valley eyes up Kiwi paddocks
|9:35am||Researching our way to health and prosperity
Simon Loveday, Senior Scientist - Food & Bio-based Products, AgResearch
|10:00am||Morning Tea & Networking
|Session 2: New Zealand and the Global Protein Market
|10:40am||How is the synthetic food industry developing?
Con Williams, Rural Economist, ANZ Bank
|11:20am||Reaching the modern protein consumer
Blake Holgate, Animal Proteins Analyst, Rabobank
|11:50am||Quick fire talks from our sponsors
|12:00pm||Lunch + Networking|
|Session 3: Threat or Opportunity?
|1:15pm||What does this really mean for NZ producers?
Lee-Ann Marsh, Market Innovation Manager, Beef + Lamb New Zealand
|2:00pm||Opportunities for land based industry
Paul McGill, Farming Innovations Manager, Landcorp
|2:30pm||Future Food, Future thinkers
Panel Session with Toni Laming from Lincoln Hub, Jolon Dyer from AgResearch, Maneesha Mohan from Lincoln University and Richard Fowler, Nuffield Scholar
|3.00pm||Afternoon Tea + Networking|
|Session 4: What's Next?
|3:30pm||The next developments in protein R&D
Graeme Anderson, Commercialisation Manager, Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research
|4:00pm||Plant-based foods - Evolution and growth for New Zealand
Dr Jocelyn Eason, General Manager Science, Plant & Food Research
|4:30pm||How we can make this happen? Where to from here ?
Bill Murphy, Enterprise Angels
|5.00pm||Final Networking Session + Drinks & Canapes
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
ProteinTECH 2018 offers a tremendous opportunity for companies to maximise their exposure to the New Zealand alternative protein industry.
Innovatek has earned a well-deserved reputation over 20 years of providing both event sponsors and exhibitors with a unique independent platform for promoting their products and services to the industry in this region.
To ensure you get a place at this event, or if you’d like further information, please fill out the contact form below or contact John Stulen, (+64) 7 921 1382 or (+64) 27 275 8011, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel
Auckland Airport International Terminal,
Ray Emery Dr, Auckland Airport, Auckland 2022
Car parking is available at the venue. Discounted rates for conference attendees will be available from the hotel reception.
To book accommodation for the conference, please call the Novotel on 09 257 7210 or visit their website: Novotel Auckland Airport
Super Early-Bird Ending 25 May 2018
$295+ GST Per Person
Early-Bird Ending 22 June 2018
$395+ GST Per Person
Group (3+) Min 3 Attendees
$395+ GST Per Person
Standard From 23 june 2018
$495+ GST Per Person
- All prices exclude 15% GST.
- A credit card fee of 2.5% applies to all credit card transactions.
- The Association Rate is available to all Supporting Association Members. A list of Associations can be found via this link. A discount code is required and can be obtained by contacting your Association directly.
- To be eligible for any special rates, registrations and payment must be received on or BEFORE the dates listed. All discounts require payment at time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- Any discounts offered (including group discounts) require payment at the time of registration.
- Your conference registration payment covers the morning and afternoon teas, lunch, refreshments, a conference handbook and access to presentations (electronic download for those presentations where presenter approval has been given).
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations made on or before Friday 22 June 2018, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable, however, they are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the programme when required.
- Click here for our full terms and conditions.
Since 1998 the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA), a division of Innovatek Ltd, has run an extensive series of technology related events for Australasian forest products companies. Over 200 conferences, trade shows and exhibitions have been run for local companies.
FIEA’s objective is to improve the performance and productive capability of forestry and wood products companies in the region. It is now recognized as one of the most effective information providers for the Australasian forestry & wood products industries.
FIEA Contact Details
(+64) 7 921 1382
1800 126 398 (from Australia)
Forest Industry Engineering Association
Building X91, Sala Street,
Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
PO Box 1230,
Rotorua 3040, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 7 921 1382
Forest Industry Engineering Association: A division of Innovatek Ltd